Friday, September 27, 2013

Fly on the Wall

People ask me what it's like to write.  This is what it's like.  These are the thoughts that enter one's head as they're trying...


Writing.  I’m in the library.  The shades are drawn.  It’s a beautiful day and I’m ready to write.

I’ve got my Robert Altman: The Oral Biography by Mitchell Zuckoff with me.  I have some overpriced tea from the coffee place downstairs served to me by the cutest little barista ever.  So that alone is worth the extra charge. 

I’m getting sleepy.  Maybe this tea will help.

It’s too hot.  I hope I don’t fall asleep.

I also have the fake glasses I wear when I want to appear to be smart.

Wrote some.  That’s good.

1 comment:

  1. ROTFL! Why is this so true? I submit the following, also: "The cursor is blinking at me. It mocks me." *type type type delete*

    ReplyDelete