Monday, March 10, 2014

Three Days in Santa Barbara

I was in Santa Barbara last week working on a sizzle reel for a pilot about a certain reality TV star who goes around to different cities in search of new and unusual pet friendly destinations.  A friend of mine asked me if I would be interested in coming along and helping out "to do whatever."  I was a little worried that I would just be a general catch-all to do a bunch of grunt work.  I'm well past my expiration date as a PA, but I also thought it would be good to get out of town and spend some good time in the car with my friend as we drove back and forth between LA and Santa Barbara every morning and night.

It ended up being a great experience. A lot of fun.  And everyone on the production pitched in to do EVERYTHING, so I was happy about that.  It just takes me back to a piece of advice that my friend Caitlin gave me years ago about saying YES to things.  I'm not working right now, so I could just take off during the week and have an adventure.  Santa Barbara was gorgeous, especially on the last day of the shoot.  We had a lot of down time and a lot of time to just hang out and get to know each other.

I had no expectations that this would lead to a job or that I would make any sort of connections.  I just went to go.  And that was fine.  I didn't think I was wasting any time.  I had just spent the past month working on a new play.  It was good to have a change of pace.  And it was a good break.

That's all it needed to be: a break in the routine.

And now on to this week…

I am grateful that I got to be on the beach during the week.
I am grateful for beautiful weather.
I am grateful for pitstops at Soupplantation TWICE last week.
I am grateful for more clarity.
I am grateful for a totally supportive boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment