Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Continuing Creativity

Great things happened over the first three months of the year.  I have been incredibly creative and productive and wrote two scripts.  Now I have to take that energy and let it continue.

I am going out of town next week to Portland to do a workshop with students there.  That should be a lot of fun and a great way to connect back to my love of teaching.

I'm hoping it will be pretty inspirational there.  The weather usually makes me reflective.  I'll wander around Powell's books for a while.  I'll eat well, that's for sure.  I'll have time with my niece and my nephews.  I'll have the chance to get a little healthy.  It will be good to be out of LA for a few days.

Sometimes I need that break from everything.  It helps me see things in greater perspective.

I'm hoping to get the next draft of this pilot I'm working on finished so I can concentrate on being there with the students and so I can spend the last two weeks of the month writing a House of Cards spec in anticipation for another deadline.

I've been writing a lot lately.  And I have to remind myself that writing a lot doesn't mean that the well has to run dry.  But if I need to pick up a book or watch a movie for distraction or inspiration, it's still a part of the process.

And I have a lot of writing to do this year.  I have a lot of ideas that I want to get out as much as I can.

I had the chance to do some freelancing the past few days and it has drained me.  Thankfully, I"m going to Portland to work with students up there and I hope that work will be invigorating.  I want to continue to be inspired.  I need it.

I am grateful for the chance to stop and access.
I am grateful for love.
I am grateful for a trip out of town to meet my new nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment