Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Finding Time

I had a great run last month of writing.
I wrote my story bible in a week and my pilot in a week.
I have to turn those documents in next month, so it's good I'm pretty ahead of the game.
But then the rest of the month, I was reading and researching and being inspired, but it was harder to sit down to write.
I shouldn't be surprised.  But I have this unhealthy expectation of myself that I should be a total machine when it comes to writing.
I have to let go of that.
I'm doing a lot of other things.
I'm making money.
I'm reading and doing research.
I'm about to head to Portland to teach a three day workshop.
I can't believe that.  I'm really looking forward to it.
I ran into my friend Ron who has been writing on an HBO show for the past
seven months.
I am happy to have the rest of my day to just relax and do some writing.
I haven't been able to focus.
I have been incredibly productive these past three months, I need to remember that.
But it's hard.
I will have a lot of family time and just some mental time to drift off and get away.
I appreciate that.
I want to read when I'm in Portland.
And I would like to just chill out too.
Eat.
Sleep.
Play with the niece and nephews.
Just fun.
Bro time.
Hang with my friend Kimberly time.
Walk.
Look up.
Just be.

I'm looking forward to that most of all.

I am grateful for work.
I am grateful for money.
I am grateful for the opportunity to go to Portland and teach.
I am grateful for fun visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment