Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Creating Need

My friend Susan and I were having a conversation a few weeks ago when she got a monster tax bill.  She has been freelancing for the past several years and had a big year last year when she won a huge prize and got a lump sum check for it.  Her and her husband were stressing out about the bill.  A bunch of other things had happened that week.  His computer was damaged in the earthquake we had.  I think there were some other bills that came up.

As I listened to her talk about everything going on and she asked what the big Universal lesson was in all of this, I had a thought:

"Maybe this is about creating a need for you to have all the things that are about to happen for you.  Maybe the Universe is creating a reason for you to need more money.  Maybe it's about expanding your life, rather than restricting it."

Yes, that sounded all very guru like I'm sure.  But I did read somewhere that when we live in poverty, in a constant state of want, in a place where we're just trying to get by, that is all we will ever do.  But if we live in a place of aspiration.  Of having a constant flow of energy, where we need more money to do more things, then we have the opportunity to have more.  That does not mean blowing out your credit cards on shoes.  But it's about expanding your consciousness and your possibility around having things.  I guess some followers of The Secret would call it creating abundance.  That's one way to look at it, but I'm not just talking about praying for money or willing money to come to you for the sake of accumulating and having.  But it is about expanding conscious.  I'm paying off more of my student loans.  I'm taking care of certain bills.

I am creating need instead of ignoring the responsibilities I have.  Because when you act like you don't need money, you don't get it.  It's very empowering.  I guess most people would call that adulthood and maybe it took me a while to get there in a financial sense.

But it's that same trust in the universe when people buy a house and have kids.  They're  trusting that they'll be able to afford the things that those kids need.  So that's their way of creating a need so that the Universe takes care of them.

I remember a tarot reading almost a year ago where it said that I needed to see money as energy.  This is exactly what that reading was referring to.  Of course it's going to be fun to shop and do a make over.  But even in that, I am being careful about what I am spending and I am putting a look together to present an image of myself.  I want to project this new me out into the Universe so that new things happen and new opportunities come my way.  But I can't do that if I look like my old self.  I need to start pulling things together in new and exciting ways.

I am grateful for this trip to Portland for a new start.
I am grateful for the checks I've been cashing.
I am grateful for the checks I've been writing.
I am grateful that money continues to come my way.
I am grateful for the opportunity to make myself over.

No comments:

Post a Comment