Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Art of Being

I'm trying out the title for something I'm working on.

But it also feels like something I'm trying to perfect.  The Art of Being in my life: making money, having a relationship, and living a fulfilling creative life.  I'm trying to find a good workout practice, a good yoga practice and a good meditation practice.  I'm also trying to figure out my writing schedule now that I'm putting in 20+ hours a week at a freelance gig I have.

There is a skill to all of this.  An art in all of it.  Tomorrow I head to a theatre festival I've been going to probably for the past ten years.  Going to have a big reunion of sorts with a bunch of friends I used to see at this other theatre festival in Louisville, KY.  Some people I haven't seen in years.  It actually feels like the past few weeks and the next few weeks will be a big reunion.  I am seeing my friend Rachel on Mother's Day who I haven't seen in almost ten years.  I saw my friend Kimberly in Portland.  I am seeing these friends this weekend.  I'm not sure what the universe is trying to tell me about all of this.  I am working for my old boss right now doing some consulting.  There's something in my past that I need to revisit before I can move forward, I guess.

It's all a part of The Art of Being.

I like that title.  It's good for this script I'm writing right now.  Apparently, it's also a book.  The two aren't related.

It's a beautiful day in West Hollywood, CA.  I'm writing at my favorite library.  I just deposited a check for last week's work that was a good chunk of money.  I just turned an invoice in for more $.  I am thinking about going on a cruise to Mexico to get some writing done.  I'm trying to maintain this balance of making money and doing what I love to do.  I need to make sure I'm writing so I can write TV pilots and plays that will get my work produced.  That is the primary focus.  And the Universe has been conspiring to help make that happen.

I am living the life I want to be living.  And I need to continue living that life.  I am doing what is necessary to make sure I can live that life continually.

I am grateful for income.
I am grateful for peace of mind.
I am grateful for work.
I am grateful for sunny days.
I am grateful for old friends.
I am grateful for new opportunities.
I am grateful for music that inspires me.
I am grateful for art.
I am grateful for ideas.
I am grateful for fun.
I am grateful for joy.
I am grateful for this Justin Timberlake song that I'm grooving to.
I am grateful for long lists of being grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment