Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fuck Rejection

I reject rejection.

None of it matters. Anyone can say anything. Anyone can have an opinion.  But they don't get it. They're stupid. I know what it takes to do what I do and how much work goes into it. I know how much I study my craft. I know how good I've gotten just in the past year writing five scripts. I can't help but to get better.

So if people don't like what I do, then they're closed minded in terms of the type of work that should be out in the universe. I feel like I'm seeing the same play over and over and over again. I have some favorite writers who are friends of mine. But the majority of what I'm seeing doesn't make sense to me. It seems myopic and privileged and self-congratulatory.

And yes, those are sour grapes to a degree. Everyone wants to be loved.

But also I know what I have to offer. And I have to pat myself on the back every once in a while. I have to take care of myself and self validate. I have an interest in doing certain work and I have a love for what I do.

Shit gets me down all of the time. But that doesn't stop me. I know that Resistance is a strong force that only gets stronger the closer I get to something happening. I'm not going to let it.

I had my down time.

Fuck rejection. Game on.

I am grateful for the highs and the lows.
I am grateful for grace under pressure.
I am grateful for books that motivate me.
I am grateful for my meditation practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment