Saturday, April 2, 2016

2016: Q1 Review

January through March were an incredibly productive time. A lot happened. Planned and unplanned.

I broke up with my boyfriend - unplanned. And that really started this wave of things that happened. I got a job writing on a web series. I got a new manager. My professional life got a huge jolt of activity.

I met my two writing goals for Q1: I rewrote something I wrote last year, my pilot. And I wrote a new play in February.

I set writing goals for March, even though I didn't have them originally. My writing goal for March was to rewrote the pilot again. I rebroke the story and wrote two drafts of the outline. That's plenty and enough. I didn't formally write the pilot yet. The outline is waiting for me. I'm excited that I finished a draft of the outline I'm excited about. And I do want to write the pilot soon.

Here's the stuff I did do in March. I wrote and wrote my outline for the episode I'm writing. And I wrote several drafts of the episode. And it's turned in. So I wrote a third script in Q1 in March, but it just wasn't the one that I had set out to write. Big fucking deal. I've been incredibly productive.

So here's my page count for Q1: 222 pages in three months. I am thrilled about that.

That's not including outlines or blog posts. That's just pure script pages in draft form. That's in addition to writing on a show, teaching and grading papers.

I have had an incredibly productive Q1 of 2016. And I'm looking forward to what lies ahead on Q2.

I feel like the productivity that I've set for myself and these monthly challenges have really set a pace for my work that's starting to bear fruit.

I am grateful for two jobs.
I am grateful for my students.
I am grateful for my colleagues.
I am grateful that my script turned out well.
I am grateful for the good things that have happened over the past three months.
I am grateful for a new manager.
I am grateful that I'm single.

No comments:

Post a Comment