Friday, April 29, 2016

April in Bloom

Quick update: I did a page count and I'm at 330 script pages written, plus 144 outline pages written. That's a pretty good number so far. That inspires me to keep going…training for that marathon!

I'm heading to Vegas for a solo writer's retreat so I can get this new play finished. I'm also supposed to be working on a pilot rewrite and my second episode of the show. I can do this! Right? Sure.

I said I wanted to be busy…

And I do.

I am grateful for every project.
I am grateful for being so busy I have to schedule out my days, weeks and months.
I am so grateful every time I open up a check.
I am grateful every time I can pay a bill.
I am grateful every time I can set aside time for my writing.
I am grateful for every breath I get to take.
I am grateful for every break I get to take.
I am grateful for every yawn, every muscle crack, every moment I have to keep going.
I am grateful for the ability to keep going.
I am grateful for the big smile on my face right now.
I am grateful for this computer.

Had to take a mid-blog gratitude break because I really am grateful that I get to be this busy. It's a blessing.

It's an exciting time. I have a shit ton of work to do in the next month, getting ready for this reading at the end of May. Then I was just asked to become a member of a theatre company in town that I greatly admire. And they're also going to do a workshop for a new play I'm working on. What the what?

Everything's coming up roses…

I'm writing the finale of the show I'm working on. I'm seeing my work really come together and I'm really seeing people respond to what I'm doing. It's amazing. I'm full of light and love about it. I'm super humbled by everything that's going on. And I know the best way for me to handle all of that attention is to bury my head back into the work. That's what I have to do. And get ready to get busier and to stay busy.

I'm down.

I am grateful for my artistic community to be expanding.
I am grateful for the love I'm being shown.
I am grateful that I get to go to Sonoma next month and go to the Out in the Vineyard event with friends this year.
I am grateful to be bouncing back gracefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment