Thursday, February 2, 2017

Power Up on the Visualization

It's my birthday month. Astrologically, this is my moon.
I have my copy of Brene Brown's Daring Greatly on my table.
I'm going to re-read Into the Magic Shop.
I have my copy of The War of Art and Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield at the ready.
I have my arsenal of manifestation manuals ready to go.
Let's do this!

I'm leaning in (which I'm not reading) to the power of the new moon. I know what I want for myself this year. I want a new place to live. I want to have a steady network or cable writing job at my level. I want to travel more this year.

Last year, a psychic told me I would be busier than I'd ever thought I'd be and that I'd be moving back in to LA. It feels like this is the set up for that. Two years ago, when I shook things up and interviewed for a job I wasn't sure I wanted in Portland, it took about six months for that shake up to take effect. It has been about the same amount of time since I talked to the psychic. Signs are there that a shake up is about to happen.

My horoscope.
The amount of work I have - I'm teaching and I'm working on our show.
My work is getting noticed.

I have a lot of smoke and there's about to be fire. I can smell it.

More importantly, I can SEE it. And I need to see it in order to visualize all of this happening. I'm working on my first episode of our third season. And I'll start my second episode soon. I finished a draft of a pilot yesterday that I've been trying to finish and I will have that ready. Then I need to write my next pilot. I have a play I'm wanting to start, but that will be on hold until the summer possibly. Or late Spring. It depends if I get a job. It depends on what I have going on. But I don't feel like I have enough of a drive to start a new play as much as I have a drive to get my next network or cable job. Or the next five jobs - in a row. I feel good about where I am with the last two plays I wrote. I want to let that breathe a bit and see where I'm at. The next two plays I have ready to write are both smaller plays with casts of three or four.

The horoscope says that the 10 days after the new moon are important. So whatever you're doing in those ten days, you're manifesting what your year will look like. Here's what I've been doing:

  • January 27: Finished breaking my second episode. Ready to go to script on first episode.
  • January 28: Curated a play reading for my theatre company. Dinner with two close writer friends. Writing episode.
  • January 29: Breakfast with sweet actor friend moving to NYC. Writing episode.
  • January 30: Writing episode.
  • January 31: Writing episode. Writing pilot. Finishing first draft of episode.
  • Feb 1: Writing pilot.
  • Feb 2: Writing episode and making edits.
On the 3rd, I'll be turning in my episode and back in the writers room. Then I'll spend the weekend working on the pilot, hoping to finish a draft to send to friends to ready on the 5th. So if the ten days after the new moon are an indication, I'll be working on staff this year and writing a lot of episodic TV and my own material. I'll also be juggling projects. 

Sounds like I'll be busier than I imagined. All right. That sounds like I'm right on track.
I also worked out every day. I found time to relax at the Korean Spa and work. And I've found a lot of quiet time. And I've MAINLY eaten well. So I have those things to look forward to as well. Time for myself and time to work.

My intention is to work.
My intention is to keep going.
My intention is perseverance.
My intention is growth and expansion.
My intention is understanding and knowledge.
My intention is to see what exists.

I am grateful for all of the books I read to keep me focused.
I am grateful for my friends who keep me grounded.
I am grateful for the talent I am surrounded by.
I am grateful for the work I am able to do.
I am grateful for the life I am able to lead.
I am grateful for the power I hold.
I am grateful for the stable ground I stand on.

No comments:

Post a Comment