Thursday, March 19, 2015

From Today's Meditation Journal: Letting Go of Old Thoughts

Yes, I am doing the Oprah and Deepak 21 Day Meditation Challenge that's all about success.
I am a Super Souler.
I drink the Kool Aid.
My religion IS Stillness and Kindness.
It's true.
It makes sense to me.
It's my thing. Lay off.

So here's what I wrote in my journal in response to the question:

Write down a description of yourself as a creative spirit who generates your personal reality from within. List some of the old thoughts, feelings and attitudes you used to hold on to that limited your expression.

I am a creator.
I live life open to possibility.
I write everything down.
I get excited to write things down.
I love taking in new information and having conversations with friends that stimulate thought.
I feel like I am a conduit of creativity and that it's at a constant flow.
I feel like the frequency at which I operate is one that's a constant buzz, but also quiet enough to calm down.
I feel like I am always creating.
I don't ever stop creating.

I used to think that I had to "make it" by a certain age.
I used to think that I had to "make it."
I used to think that money and power and outward signs of success would make me feel better.
I used to think that status was what proved my worth.
I used to think that I had to live an responsible life in a traditional way, by taking a regular job.
I used to think that living creatively was not available to me.
I used to think that it was something I had to work for.
I used to think that I had to prove myself in order to be rewarded.
I used to think that someone else's success pushed me down.
I used to think that my success pushed others down and propelled me further.
I used to think that what others said mattered.
I used to think that I deserved money, wealth, success and power by my sheer existence.
I used to think that I was not successful because my work wasn't being recognized by outside parties.
I used to think that I had failed.
I used to think that I was a failure.
I used to think that it was too late for me.
I used to think that the harder I worked and held on to something, the more successful I would be.
I used to think that being critical meant that I was smart and therefore knew more than other people and therefore people would look at me in a higher regard and therefore I would be worthy.
I used to think that I had to prove my worth.
I used to think that someone else knew more than I did.
I used to think that if I gave up being competitive that I would stop working hard.
I used to think that if I gave up being competitive that I would not be as good.
I used to think that if I gave up being competitive that I would lose my edge.
I used to think that if I gave up being competitive that I would be out of the game.
I used to think that the game was all that mattered.
I used to think that my placement in the hierarchy of worldly success was the marker of my work.
I used to think that I didn't exist unless someone (or everyone) thought I was amazing.

I am grateful for meditation.
I am grateful for reflection.
I am grateful for stillness.
I am grateful and elated for this awareness.
I am grateful for how giddy I am and how present I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment