Monday, October 17, 2016

Today's Writing Battle

It's 10:36 AM on Monday. The beginning of the week.
I have already sent some emails, renegotiated my student loan payments, and finished one blog post.
I've also eaten breakfast and watched The View.
Now I need to get my ass out of bed - in my Adidas knit joggers - and head to the library to print out one last document for class on Thursday.
Then I need to work on the pilot.
Maybe it's a K spa day.
Maybe it's a quiet day at home.
I need to go to the office every day this week.

I have an application to do as well. Maybe I do that at the library. Then I go to the K spa and work on the script.

I have so many ways I negotiate with myself - maybe that negotiation is a waste of time and I could get more writing done. That's a form of anxiety. Anxiety has gotten sneakier now that I'm able to navigate it better.

I've babysitting for a friend tomorrow who's in a jam. That can be good writing time as well. My friends have shitty WiFi, so that will help. I will only be able to get work done.

Now I just need to get off the couch and stop distracting myself.

That'll be a good trick. If I can do it…

Why am I tired all of a sudden?

My intention is to work today.
My intention is to keep going.
My intention is to work hurt.

I am grateful for my comfortable work outfit.
I am grateful for the ability to spend all day writing.
I am grateful for the breaks I have created for myself.
I am grateful for a writing retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment