Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Best Kind of Exhausted

It's the end of a long week.

I went into my office on Monday and got a false start on a screenplay I'm working on.  I kept going.

I went to write with a friend on Tuesday and wrote nine pages.

I watched Woody Allen films as research for a new screenplay on Wednesday.

On Thursday, I wrote 22 pages and got to page 31 on my screenplay.

Friday, I wrote out ideas for some new scenes on this screenplay.

I am tired.  I am wiped out.  I got home tonight after a friend's birthday party, feeling I had earned the right to relax and socialize.

This is the best kind of exhausted.  As my feet ache, as I lay in bed, ready for the next several hours of sleep.  I try and quiet my mind.  It is difficult because I have ideas swirling in my brain.  But now it's time to shut that down.

I have at least four plays to read this weekend.

I will put off the writing on the screenplay until Monday, when I will pick up with Act Two.

This weekend, in addition to reading, I will replenish my soul.  I will meditate and see friends and celebrate my friends' accomplishments.

I know I worked hard this week.
I know I did everything I set out to do.
I am in a good place with my work.
And now it's time to rest.

I am grateful for my exhaustion.
I am grateful for my bed.
I am grateful for the sleep to come this weekend.
I am grateful to be able to slow down because I got everything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment