Thursday, July 27, 2017

Super Sized Gratitude

From my meditations, here are a few things I have been grateful for lately:


  • I am grateful for today's meditation at the top of that mountain looking out and below. Looking at my accomplishments and how I have cut the weeds to clear my path. And it's clear that it's MY path. My path is to be cherished. The meditation made me reflect that there might have been weeds that have grown along my path. And maybe my father planted those weeds or allowed them to grow. But I have the faith and the strength to pull them out from the root and then MY path is revealed. That's my destiny. Every pull, every step, every breath, every ache, every curse word uttered as I climb my path has lead me here. Every difficulty, every struggle, every doubt, every question has led me to the top of the mountain. To look at all of it and realize my accomplishment as I see the animals and the lush greenery and the waterfalls. As I appreciate where my path has led me and I am able to see everything that's beautiful, I know that I am a part of that beauty. And I would not have realized it had I not been on my path.
  • I am grateful for the clarity this meditation practice is giving me. I am grateful that I know how to get what I want. I am grateful for the two meditations a day. I am grateful for new life - my best friend Alanna just had a baby and I see all the possibility in the world. I look at my niece and nephews and I see the same thing. It helps me create a vision for myself that's wide eyed and hopeful. And it helps me observe boundless energy, enthusiasm and focus. And when you're a child you have that in infinite amounts. I am grateful that I can engage with them.
  • I am grateful for the image of the water and the ocean. I am going to the beach tomorrow, so the meditation with the water sounds was a lovely reminder of that. I am grateful that I know what is important to do now and what is important to do later. I am grateful for a quiet morning. I am grateful for good friends to reflect good things back to me. I am grateful that I can take what I need and leave the rest.
Gratitude is a huge part of my spiritual practice. I have to remind myself of the good around me, otherwise life feels too full of despair. I can feel the despair of my friends sometimes and I acknowledge it and then have to let it go. It's difficult to know that we're on different paths and to just let things be where they need to be instead of trying to control them.

I am grateful I know that.

My intention is to be grateful.
My intention is to continue to be open.
My intention is to be here now.



No comments:

Post a Comment