Monday, July 31, 2017

A Good Night's Sleep

I slept amazingly well last night.

Here's why that's a strange thing. I had a big meeting today. Normally, when I anticipate something I sleep horribly. I toss and turn. I worry. I end up being totally sleepy. That didn't happen. Why is that?

The meditation is working. I feel settled in. I did all the work I needed to do. There's no reason to freak out or worry. As my mantras have said:

I am.

I am free.

I nourish the Universe and the Universe nourishes me.

I am the Universe. I am absolute existence.

My Actions are in alignment with cosmic law.

I am a field of all possibilities.

I have everything I need. I'm in a good place. That's why I was calm last night. Everything that could happen will be great and will add to what I already have. But I don't need to fill a void. That's a great place to be. Now I hope I can stay there.

Here's the hard part. Waiting for news. So I'm practicing detachment. I am working on the next thing. I sent thank you notes. I am texting with friends. I'm at the Korean spa working on other stuff. I can't listen to the voices inside my own head with possible outcomes.

I am a field of all possibilities.

I am grateful that the meeting went well.
I am grateful that I said everything I wanted to say.
I am grateful that I am not worried.
I am grateful that I let things flow.
I am grateful that I am constantly learning and growing.
I am grateful that the Universe provides.
I am grateful that I am in a place where I am listening.
I am grateful to know what leads to abundance. 

I am grateful for this food right now. I didn't eat this morning because I didn't want to be bloated. I looked good and I ate something I wasn't supposed to eat last night out of boredom.

Knowing I'm enough is a huge victory. And I'm starting to navigate from that place. It's unfamiliar in some ways. In other ways, it feels totally natural. Maneuvering a career in the TV industry is really tough and it's nice to meet other like-minded individuals. That's a huge success.

Going into a meeting feeling prepared but knowing that it's more important to be yourself is key.  It has taken me so long just to understand that. Life's a journey and I'm growing from that journey. But I also own that I am an expert in my field and I'm not just here to learn. I know things. And in that meeting today, I communicated that, which is an empowering thing. I spoke my truth. And I will continue to speak my truth. That's a victory. Today was full of victories, big and small.

My intention is to go with the flow.
My intention is to be open.
My intention is to be expansive.
My intention is to be curious.
My intention is to believe, to trust and to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment