Sunday, June 26, 2016

Closing Out Q2

It has been a productive first half of 2016.

The second quarter of the year has brought about some welcome surprises. I joined a theatre company. I taught and staged an evening of ten minute plays for my students. And I was asked to develop a series.

I didn't get some of the things done I thought I was going to get done. But it was a crazy productive time.

Just challenging myself to something new each month has brought about some welcome surprises. Sometimes the intention of something brings about more than you thought you wanted.

A couple of weeks ago, I met a psychic who told me I was going to be busier than I ever imagined. All I can do is continue to do the work in front of me. I have a pilot to finish that hopefully I can work on before the end of the month.

Then July is going to be about finishing the play for my workshop in August and the start of production on our show. I'm going to be involved in production when the show starts shooting, which is going to be a tremendous learning experience.

I'm super excited about the work I'll be doing with the theatre company and the aspects I'll be learning in getting ready for this workshop. All I can do is stay busy and productive. Right now the things that are exciting me are working on this new play and trying to get this other play produced. I'm excited about the prospect of creating a show, so I'm really into getting that developed. I'm falling in love with the characters the more I get to know them and as I'm working on their story. Going to my high school reunion brought me back to that place of my high school experience. These kids are living in such a different world than I grew up in. There's such knowledge and acceptance  that wasn't there when I was growing up. And at the same time, I had a brotherhood that had my back no matter what. I was reminded of that last night.

The psychic also told me that I had a community of people who admired me. I didn't realize that the community he was talking about extended back in time as well. I'm building such an incredible community now, but it's also this brotherhood I've had all along since Loyola. I'm blessed.

I am grateful for my community.
I am grateful for my brotherhood.
I am grateful for the gifts bestowed upon me.
I am grateful for reunions.

No comments:

Post a Comment