Monday, August 29, 2016

K Spa Writing Tour: Day 6

Even though I haven't done it on consecutive days, it looks like my Writing Tour is winding down. I finished all three scripts I wanted to finish last week. And now I'm working on a pilot polish so I can turn it in tonight. I have a lot of work to get done before then - and that will actually be Day Seven. This post is a day late from yesterday, which was my sixth stop on my K Spa Writing Tour. I was back at Royal Spa in Hacienda Heights for this one. It's a small Korean Spa, but it actually feels the most cozy in some ways. There's a small table for me to sit at. There are loungers. It's basically a one room locker/sleep/work area. Then there's a one room hot tub/cold tub/sauna/steam room area. And the Groupon makes it super cheap. It's great.

I had quite the night the night before. I had my reading and my wrap party for our show. I definitely celebrated and I woke up hungover for the first time in a VERY long time. I don't know if I've been hungover since my break up. I went sober for a couple of months after that. And while I've been drinking a bit here and there, I'm not drinking regularly. I even see more sober time coming up. I've had three sober months this year. And they were great. Saturday night was fun, too. But I don't feel like I need to keep doing that.

I debated whether or not I should head to the spa yesterday because I was exhausted. I knew that the spa would be good in a lot of ways. But I needed to go there and be productive. So I crashed on the couch until about 2 PM and then I headed over, once I was feeling a little more alive.

I didn't do a ton of work. I went through the notes on the pilot and I figured out the changes I need to make. So yesterday was a good set up for today, which I feel has to be the productive day. I'm hoping it will be.

Mainly I got a lot of steam time in and nap time in too. Both really productive things. I needed to recover. And yet, I still managed to take massive notes on the script. I know what I need to do now.

Stats:
Location: Royal Spa
Hours: 5
Pages: Technically 0, but I took a lot of notes

My intention is to let go.
My intention is to soar.
My intention is to focus.

I am grateful for a day of recovery.
I am grateful for no guilt.
I am grateful for the fun I had Saturday night.
I am grateful for the good cheer of good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment