Monday, October 21, 2013

Don't Over Think It

I'm watching The Voice on DVR right now.  I'm really into this coaching mentality.  I could use a coach!

Something Christina Aguilera said really resonated with me, "Don't over think it."

We have plans.  We have strategies.  But it's probably best not to over think things.

What's the saying?  "We make plans and God laughs."  I believe in preparation.  I believe in putting my best foot forward.  If anything, I'm overprepared and overstudied.

I could stand to let go a little bit when it comes to...everything.  I used to think that if I didn't show up completely prepared and ready to go that it would show I wasn't serious.  But at a certain point, vulnerability is your friend.  The truth is that we all need help and if we don't show someone that they have a place where they can step in and help out--with either advice or actual contacts--then we'll never receive certain gifts we need to help us out along the way.

I also believe that the lessons can come from anywhere.  I just heard something on The Voice during rehearsals for the Battle Rounds.  And that's a lesson.  I read a lot of biographies.  I watch a lot of films and I read up on tons of things.  But I have never been snobby in where my entertainment or information comes from.  I've quoted Bethenny Frankel and the Dalai Lama recently on this blog.  I think both have knowledge to offer.

I have to remind myself to just go for it and don't over analyze.  Just do the work and the rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment