Friday, October 4, 2013

A Self Description


Email 10 friends.  Ask them for 10-15 adjectives that describe you as well as any celebrities that you remind them of.  What we're looking to do is capture your essence.  What is it about each celebrity that reminds them of you?

A friend of mine sent that to me in an email yesterday because she was working with a life coach on developing some marketing strategies.  I had three thoughts when I got the email:

  1. I should be a life coach.
  2. I'm going to do this for myself.
  3. I'm glad my friend thought of me as one of her 10 friends she wanted advice from.

I love a good exercise.  A writing exercise.  A physical exercise.  A mental exercise.  Anything that gets me moving and gets me to think rather than do.

That's why I write every day.  And that's why I run every day.

Here it goes:

Adjectives that describe me:

  1. Studious
  2. Silly
  3. Interested
  4. Enthusiastic
  5. Articulate
  6. Funny
  7. Sexual
  8. Wonderful
  9. Organized
  10. Loud
  11. Opinionated
  12. Forceful
  13. Loving
  14. Dedicated
  15. Open-minded
And celebrities (this is harder):

  • Angelina Jolie - not really, but that's the first name that popped into my head
  • Aziz Ansari - because I like food, I'm brown and I think I'm funny
  • Jimmy Fallon - Because years ago, three different people on three different occasions told me I reminded them of Jimmy Fallen.  And because I'm ethnic, I was just happy they didn't say Keanu Reeves.
  • Bea Arthur - Because I'm at my best and my funniest when I'm quick-witted and a little salty.
  • Fran Lebowitz - Because I fancy myself the literary version of Bea Arthur.
All right.  So how do I parlay that into a marketing strategy?

No comments:

Post a Comment