Tuesday, December 22, 2015

2016: Setting Intentions

In my last post, I talked about this "new normal" that was taking place in my life. I now take a moment to look at the things I want and to consider why I want them. I am trying to be more mindful.

My new normal is not just about ambition or about gaining accolades so that people know how great I am. I have to know that internally and I have to be fine if I'm the only one who knows it. If I start making decisions based on what I think people want me to be or what will make me look good, I'm a lost case.

I have been using this blog as a gratitude journal for a while now. And I feel that the thing I have to add to that is intentions. I need to start making intentions in every post. And they can be silly things or serious things. They can be big or they can be small.

Just like everything, I need to proclaim them and then surrender them to the universe. Let them go. I can't hold onto anything too tightly.

So here are some intentions:


  • I want some peace of mind.
  • I want for all of this productivity to turn into an active and financial stable and sustaining career.
  • I want better communication in my relationship.
  • I want to plant more seeds for more positive things to happen in my life.
  • I want to continue to grow my artistic community in Los Angeles and beyond.
I am grateful for the friendships that sustain me.
I am grateful for the number of blog posts in these past few months.
I am grateful for food in my belly.
I am grateful for a lot of good things happening this year.
I am grateful for my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment