Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy Accidents

I'm not going to Vegas tomorrow. I made a mistake and booked the trip for the following week. I'm sure glad I wasn't going to Bali.

I'm actually teaching this week - listening to student pitches on Tuesday and rejoining my Playwriting class on Wednesday to listen to student work and to teach a class in TV pitching. And I still have to write the play this week. Yikes!

I'm certainly testing the limits of what I'm capable of. I consider it all training for what lies ahead. The good news is that I didn't have to rearrange my trip or lose any money. I'm making money this week and that will pay for both of my writing retreats - the one I'm taking this week and the one I'm taking next week in Vegas. I decided to make a retreat out of San Diego and to go down Monday through Thursday. I do find inspiration from being around during finals week. I like being on campus late at night when other people are studying. It's really an inspiration. There's the buzz of productivity which really helps me out.

I'm trying to get work done today. I'm not having such luck. But I did do laundry. I went to target. I'm doing dishes now. I washed my car. That's pretty good for productivity. I also put some clothes away and cleaned up around the house. I made lunch. That's productive, right?

I'm trying. I'm supposed to write a scene where these two characters are in love. I should be able to do that. So far I'm not very successful.

I'm glad I get to see my students again. I'm happy to get paid. I'm happy that I'm getting two writers retreats. It's indulgent. But I really need it.

Oh, and I get to go to my favorite Soupplantation in the world that's in San Diego. Okay, it's ALL good.

I am grateful to be going to San Diego this week.
I am grateful to be going to Vegas next week.
I am grateful to be working.
I am grateful to be full of ideas.
I am grateful to be alone on a Sunday.
I am grateful to be meeting up with friends later tonight for dinner.
I am grateful for fun, laughs and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment