Saturday, May 24, 2014

Idea Machine

So why is it when I'm on a strict deadline for a script that's due next week and I haven't even finished my outline that I have a fully fleshed out idea for a new play?

I like to procrastinate by coming up with new ideas.
Sometimes I even like to write whole scripts while I'm procrastinating with another project.

Honestly, I haven't done that in years.  But it used to be a hobby of mine.  These days, I am not doing that. But I thought about this play idea that I've had for a while.  And a good friend of mine and I had a conversation over the weekend about a type of story that I should be writing.  So maybe that's what prompted that thought.

So I broke it down yesterday and even did a little bit of research.  When I should have been writing this new script.  Actually, I should have been outlining this new script since I have been putting it off.  Not like I haven't had ideas come to me and not like I haven't written them down.  I have been doing all of that.

And now I have this office I get to work out of, so who knows what ideas will be popping out of me.  I just want to be prepared with my laptop and a notepad.

Let's get this party started!

I am grateful for ideas, ideas, ideas.
I am grateful for my productivity this month.
I am grateful for my productivity all year so far.
I am grateful for my productivity over the past five years.
I am grateful that I can keep going.
I am grateful that I have time to work.
I am grateful for the focus to work.
I am grateful for the desire to work.
I am grateful that it all just keeps getting better.
I am grateful that I keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment