Thursday, May 15, 2014

Jamming and Cramming

I have been at the Korean Spa for four hours.  Good for me.

Here's the goal: I will be done by Noon.

Then I can get to the work of figuring out what this series is and deal with the rest of my application.  Do that work between 12-4 PM.  Then get back to work on one last pass. Check in with my friends about evening plans later.

I'm going to stay here at the Spa all day.  Avoid the sweltering heat.  Get work done. Artistic Asylum.

I wrote a play in February.
I wrote this pilot and story bible in March.
I worked in April.
I am taking all of May to write.
Then I'm renting an office in June to start on new projects.

This is my schedule.  I'm alternating between making money and taking time off to write.  I like that schedule.  I am making that schedule work for myself.  And I am creating an environment where I still have the energy to write.  So yes, I am jamming and cramming.  But it's not like I didn't have any time to write until now.  I put the work in.  The opportunities presented themselves and continue to present themselves.  And I am taking full advantage of them.

My horoscope said that May is the time to work.  And to that end, I decided that I am going to write a House of Cards spec from May 18-May 30.  I need to continue to put the energy out there that I want to work.  And I need to have money in my pocket to pay my bills to make sure that when these opportunities become mine, that I can afford to take them.

I am working in cahoots with the Universe.

I'm also going to go see a medium in Portland in July.  But that's a whole other blog entry.

Working on myself.  And working.
#everythingiswriting

I am grateful that everything I am doing right now is writing.
I am grateful for the revelations that are coming to me.
I am grateful for generous friends offering free or discounted workspace to me.
I am grateful for friends offering to take me to see plays.
I am grateful for a widening artistic community that is keeping me inspired.
I am grateful for the Wi Spa where I am able to get work done.
I am grateful for a mini in town writing retreat.



No comments:

Post a Comment