Monday, May 19, 2014

When Not Writing is Writing

Today I spent the day not writing.

It's important to take a break.
I have been writing my face off.
And  I have more writing to do before the end of the month.

So today was about rest.
And doing some domestic things.
Like cleaning up.
And grocery shopping.
Somehow doing those mundane every day tasks feels great after a ton of writing.
I watched two episodes of Nashville.
I still have the season finale to watch, but I have to wait for the boyfriend to do that.
I have some more TV stuff to watch to get ready for this next project.

I love tasks.
Errands.
It's funny how that is a relief to me.
And tonight I will be cooking for the boyfriend.
It's nice to do boyfriend things when there is time to do boyfriend things.
And there hasn't been a lot of that lately.

I'm looking forward to some more of that once my May is over.
But this is the month to get things done,
according to my horoscope.
So I'm getting shit done.  I'm putting the work in.
I'm freeing shit up.
I'm making space.
I'm creating room for good stuff to happen.

And I"m eating popcorn I popped yesterday
during rehearsal and forgot to eat.
Maybe I'll workout later.
But I plan on watching the finales of
Rupaul's Drag Race and The Voice
and having a good meal:
pork chops, scalloped potatoes and green beans.
I'm cooking for my man.

But all of this R&R has been writing
because I'm resting my brain.
And I'm preparing for the last script
I have to write this month.
I am being good to myself.
I am doing research.
I am blogging.
I am using my brain in different ways.
It's important to do a little active non-writing
in order to get ready to write.

I am grateful for a day off.
I am grateful for time to put my feet up.
I am grateful for the supermarket.
I am grateful for time with my man.
I am grateful that the TV works.
I am grateful that I have the financial resources to take this time off.
I am grateful for more opportunities to show what a fast, quick, efficient writer I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment