Monday, May 5, 2014

Embracing what does not feel good...

This is what happens when you set a whole week to write and then give you yourself two big deadlines to meet:

You don't want to write.
You don't want to be a writer any more.
You don't want to this.
You would rather eat.
You would rather do almost anything else.
You listen to lots of music.
You eat lots of snacks.
You think about hooking up with people.

I gave myself a tight schedule in my last blog post.
I think I need to do away with that and just let the week be the week.

I have all the time in the world.
That has to be the lie I tell myself.
I love lying to myself.
It's my favorite thing in the world.

I don't need to put this much pressure on myself.
I just need to motherfucking relax!
And listen to more Mary J. Blige.

NEW RETREAT RULE: When it's not coming, get outside!  Let nature inspire you, fool!

I am grateful for MJB.
I am grateful for this little bungalow up the coast.
I am grateful for life and working out.
I am grateful for time.
I am grateful for my computer.
I am grateful for snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment