Monday, May 19, 2014

I did it!

I have three writer goals for May.
I finished two of them.
On time.
And well.

And it killed me.  For 18 days.  Okay.  I can survive that.

And now I have one more goal for the end of the month.
Can I hit that one?
Yes.
I don't have the weight of all three on my shoulders.
Even with my Sundance application sent in on Thursday, I had an incredible amount of work to do
in a short amount of time.
I didn't do much work on Friday.
I did some on Saturday.
But then I was at play readings all day,
supporting friends
and frankly seeing some great work.
So when it came to Saturday night
and a wrench was thrown into the mix
when I had to replace an actor,
I was in a crazy place.
I didn't think I was going to finish.
I was doubting why I had decided to do both
the play and the TV pilot and the spec in the same
month.
But I got both of those goals done.  Now I have
twelve days to get this spec done.
I can do it.
I feel like it's one script in twelve days.
Okay, let's get it done.
It's like I had a bunch of sand bags on me,
and I was moving along,
but then all the sand bags are taken off of me,
except for one and now I'm running fast
because the weight of all the other sand bags
have trained me and strengthened my muscles so that
I can run quickly.

I am grateful for that.

I am grateful for lots of work this month.
I am grateful for lots of paid work last month to make this month possible.
I am grateful for my Monterey retreat.
I am grateful for my trips to the Wi Spa that have helped clear my mind and helped me
be productive.
I am grateful for a straight 14 hour work day last week.
I am grateful for a group of great actors yesterday.
I am grateful that I had the focus to get my cuts done in less than an hour.
I am grateful for the Playwrights Union to keep me motivated.
I am grateful for Molly, Bill, Susan, Tim, my Ninja, my boyfriend, my family and my friends for keeping me motivated.
I am grateful for a rest day.
I am grateful that I get to only do domestic things today.
I am grateful that that is not entirely true and I am cleaning up a lot of things today, including working on transcribing my cuts to file.
I am grateful that I was so brave yesterday.
I am grateful that I only have one more script to complete this month.
I am grateful that I am meeting new friends and bringing new people into my life.
I am grateful that I am choosing only to have people around me who inspire me and motivate me.
I am grateful that I am sticking to the positive.
I am grateful that I have long lists of things I am grateful for.
I am grateful for Rupaul's Drag Race for taking my mind off of things.
I am grateful for the three episodes of Nashville that I have to watch.
I am grateful to have the day to do anything other than actual writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment