Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Retreat's Over…Now What?

I drove back town to LA yesterday.  My due date is tomorrow for the pilot.

I have 10 pages.

Normally, that would send me into a panic.  Okay, full disclosure, I am not without panic.  Or at least worry.  But I know what I have.  I know what I need to do.  The anxiety just isn't worth it.  It really isn't.  Get the work done.  That's all that matters.

I spent Monday reoutlining and adding in the scenes into this new draft that make my point.  I did my note cards over the weekend.  I got up early on Tuesday morning and started writing.  That went very well.  I was hoping to get some work done after my dinner with my friend Rachel, who I haven't seen in a decade.  But with the drive and then dinner, even though I didn't drink too much, I was exhausted and just wanted to watch some bad TV and hang out with my boyfriend.

So here I am.  Wednesday.  Retreat's over.  Now what?

I need to remember to continue to give love to myself.  It's easy to get into cram mode and just panic.  That has never served me.  I have to remember that I have all the time in the world.  I have all of the time in the world.

Today's plan is to take care of some home business.  Then to get to the work of finishing the pilot.  I would love it if I made it all the way to the end today and then worked on all of my supplemental materials tomorrow.  I have a bio already.  I have a story document that outlines the first season of the show already.  I need to write a synopsis of the pilot.  But I came prepared with a lot of this stuff already and story ideas.  I am not creating this from the ether with two days to go.  I wrote a pilot script.  I have a ton of ideas written down.

I need to focus on the style and energy of the pilot.  I have to make sure my idea for this character and this journey really comes through with a laser focus.  That is my only job.  The actual writing of it can just be what it is.  I don't need to put my energy there.  I just need to make sure that every scene vibrates with who this guy is.  That's my job.

I can get this done.  I got a lot done on the retreat.  It was well worth it.

I am grateful for focus.
I am grateful for the ability to see that everything I've done has been writing.
I am grateful for my own belief in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment